Dental Hygienist – Bloomington
Searching for a rewarding career? Look no further than Bloom Dental!
At Bloom Dental, we are committed to creating a positive work experience for you while we deliver exceptional care to our patients. We strive to provide a positive experience for our patients and teams. We know the demands of dentistry and the challenges you may experience when treating patients all day. We provide an excellent support system, training, and teamwork to make everyone’s day enjoyable. We recognize that when Team Members are supported, our patients, in return, receive exceptional care.
How do we make a positive impact on this world? We spark a positive change!
People traditionally do not like seeing the dentist. Dentistry and overall health are tightly connected, and our mission is to help patients to become healthier and overcome dental fears in a friendly, warm, and judgment-free environment. Here, we inspire and educate patients to live their best lives.
If you are looking for a Registered Dental Hygienist career, these are the values that our Team Members prioritize:
- Mutual respect for patients & each other
- Positive and supportive attitudes
- Accountability in your area of expertise
- Empathy towards patients & each other
What perks do we offer for Registered Dental Hygienists at Bloom Dental?
- Flexibility to balance your family and work-life balance
- A professional office culture with a fun and positive energy
- Prioritized teamwork
- Caring and dedicated management
- Professional development courses
- Retirement plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Uniform allowance
- Free coffee
- Free snacks
- Cleans deposits and stains from teeth, and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments
- Examines gums using probes to diagnose periodontal disease.
- Feels lymph nodes under patients chin to detect swelling or tenderness that could indicate the presence of oral cancer
- Applies fluoride
- Take digital x-rays
- Records and reviews patient medical histories. Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist
- Maintains dental equipment and sharpens and sterilizes dental instruments
- Provides clinical services or health education to improve and maintain the oral health of patients and the general public
- Knowledge of general principles of dentistry and dental hygiene
- Strong patient skills
- Highly motivated with an attention to detail
- Ability to learn new things in a fast paced environment
- Teamwork and communications
- A passion for helping patients smile more
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates degree or the successful completion of a recognized vocational program in dental hygiene
- State license required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bloomington, IN 47401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What are some of your motivations for coming to work everyday?
- What is your favorite part of working in a dental office?
- What is your mindset regarding patient care, and working on a team?
- Registered Dental Hygienist License (Preferred)
- X-Ray Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person