Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
Professional Teeth Whitening in Bloomington and Bedford, IN
Teeth whitening has been around for decades and millions of people use whitening products – including plenty of dentists. According to dental professionals, they haven’t seen an increase in problems like cavity risk or tooth fractures after teeth whitening procedures. Bloom Dental works to provide safe teeth whitening services for our patients in Bloomington.
- Teeth sensitivity: your teeth may become more sensitive after getting them whitened. You may experience this after your first or second treatment, and it can diminish with time. Ask Dr. Finney if he can recommend products for treating sensitivity at your next appointment.
- Irritated gums: you may also experience gingival irritation, which happens when your gums become irritated. If the whitening products touch your gums, then they may become irritated, but Bloom Dental takes precautions to eliminate this risk.
- It is safe: the American Dental Association (ADA) has stated that hydrogen peroxide whiteners are safe and effective.
- It is a quick process: you can have whitened teeth in just one session rather than waiting months for at-home products to take into effect.
- It saves time: you don’t have to have your teeth professionally whitened very frequently, in fact, whitening your teeth frequently can actually damage your teeth. With just a couple of sessions of professional whitening, you can achieve the desired color of your smile.
- You don’t have to worry about the safety: we take care of your teeth like they are our own at Bloom Dental. We only provide the safest procedures at our office, the side effects of teeth whitening usually only apply to at-home products that can damage your smile.
If you are worried about your upcoming teeth whitening procedure or worried about an at-home product you are using, you can always ask Dr. Finney if the product is safe. Bloom Dental offers professional teeth whitening that is safe and effective. If you would like to schedule a teeth whitening appointment, use the button below to schedule online, or learn more about teeth whitening at our Bloomington or Bedford, IN offices.
Schedule a Whitening Appointment at Our Bloomington Office
Learn More About Teeth Whitening at Bloom Dental